ChemSeal™ is a true Chemineer mixer seal designed for demanding top entry agitator applications where shaft movements are larger, speeds are slower and conditions more variable than those encountered by pump seals. The benefits provided by the ChemSeal include:
- Superior performance in agitator duty
- Double balanced seal design provides safe and reliable operation
- Simple maintenance and fast replacement
- Single or double configurations for application versatility
- Available from stock within 24 hours
The balanced seal design of the ChemSeal reduces seal face wear and increases the pressure capability by reducing the seal contact pressure as the process pressure fluctuates. The ChemSeal features dual sleeve-to-shaft O-rings with heavy cross sections that make the seals more tolerant of shaft deflections that are inherent in agitator applications.
Both the single and double cartridge configurations allow for removal, inspection and replacement of a worn seal quickly and easily. Chemineer’s class-leading "swing-out" agitator seal change procedure with shaft collar makes the process simple. Seal replacement can be completed in 30 to 60 minutes, providing increased process uptime.
ChemSeals are available in a variety of materials to meet critical temperature and pressure ratings, satisfying a broad range of mixing/agitation applications. The ChemSeal can be easily retrofitted to existing Chemineer® GT, Model 20, and MR agitators to provide improved sealing capability on existing applications.
Optional throttle bushing or debris well designs are available to prevent seal and product contamination. Dry and liquid lubrication options are also available to suit specific application requirements.
- Double balanced seal design
- Provision for jacking screws and setting clips storage to aid in seal removal and future setting of the seal
- Reverse pressure capability keeps seal faces closed when tank pressure exceeds seal pressure
- Bi-directional rotation capabilities
- Modular components for economical application flexibility
- Quench and drain ports for easy lubrication
- No seal adapter required
- Standard sizes in 2”, 2.5”, 3” and 3.5”
- Temperatures from -20°F (-28.9°C) to 356°F (180°C)
- Pressures from full vacuum to 300 psi (20.7 bar)
- Peripheral speeds to 4,000 ft/min (20 m/sec)